Starlight Express

What do you get when you combine psychedelic lights, 80's rock and disco music, roller skates and trains? Andrew Lloyd Webber's Starlight Express! The way it was presented was definitely different than any other musicals I have every watched, so it definitely caught my attention when the show started.  

However, as the minutes go by, the story line was predictable, the songs not too catchy, and I found myself drifting away and feeling bored. I guess I expected more - what with it being an Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical. Overall, it was still an interesting musical, and I am sure that it was beyond its time when it was first shown in 1984. 

Caught the musical when it was playing at the Marina Bay Sands in November 2013. 


Popular posts from this blog

Where would I go after this pandemic?

Statues of naked men

Central Vietnam with Children