Postcard from... a frozen Roman town


What do you write about a Roman town frozen in time after a volcanic eruption buried and killed almost all of its residents? The small exhibition I saw end of last year and the archeological artifacts in the museum could not prepare me for the real thing.

Walking down the streets that was pretty much the same 2,000 years ago, imagining the houses and rooms that once was, looking towards Mount Vesuvius from the town that was destroyed by it.


There are so many photos to share and stories to tell. So, while I get my thoughts together, do read on my trip to Italy and other travelogues.

{ Click here for more postcard from... posts }

Popular posts from this blog

Where would I go after this pandemic?

Statues of naked men

Central Vietnam with Children