The best trends, destinations, journeys and experiences for the upcoming year. That was what the Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2011 was all about. Flipping through the pages brought out the wanderlust in me (not that it wasn't already there before). It inspires me to visit more places this year and put more places into my travel wish list.
There are some places that I had been in the last few of years...
- Italy - Top 10 Countries
- Chiang Mai - Top 10 Cities
In the list of top 10 best things to do in 2011 was "write a postcard". In this day and age, writing with a pen on a postcard with stamp is fast becoming a lost art. I would like to do more of this, although the last time I sent postcards (from Turkey), only 2 out of the 6 postcards I sent out actually reached the intended recipients!
Here are some of the lists to bring out the wanderlust in you!
- Top 10 countries for 2011
- Top 10 cities for 2011
- Top 10 regions for 2011
- Top 10 best value destinations for 2011
- Top 10 best things to do in 2011
- The world's best secret islands
- Glamour travel: where and how to luxe it up
- Naughty or nice: travel by the deadly sins – and virtues!
- Top 10 countries that didn't exist 20 years ago
- Fieriest foods
- World's greatest bookshops
- Top 10 cities for artistic inspiration
- Top 10 places to learn how to cook the local cuisine